[Interest] best base style for dual Qt5/Qt6 QML app

Frank Mertens frank at cyblogic.de
Sun Feb 4 16:39:05 CET 2024

On 2/4/24 14:27, Александр Иваш wrote:
> I need to support Qt5 & Qt6 builds of the same desktop QML
> application. Everything works already except QML components styling.
> The issue is that the original Qt5 application was based on 'Material'
> style, which dramatically changed in Qt6.
>
> Question 1: Is there any way to make Qt6 'Material' look like Qt5 one
> (or vice versa)?
> Question 2: If not, what is the best candidate for base style for
> creating cross-platform UI which would look the same on all the
> desktop platforms in both Qt 5 and Qt 6?

Yeah, Material design is quite demanding and still evolving.
I found the Universal style to be more portable and less taxing.
Universal also works better on software rendering and I favor it when
writing desktop apps. For Qt5 there is also community maintained
dark CSS styles which works great in mixed QWidgets/QtQuick applications
when using the Universal dark theme.

--
Frank