[Interest] server certificate integration

Alexander Carôt alexander_carot at gmx.net
Mon Feb 26 16:11:33 CET 2024

Hi all,

I have a secure websocket server based on the Qt example:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtwebsockets-sslechoserver-example.html

It requires a certificate and a key which are compiled into the server and it functions well.

However, whenever the certificate expires (such as Let’s encrypt after 90 days) I need to recompile the server with the renewed certificate.

In order to avoid this process I wonder if it is possible to somehow externally point to the the new certificates without integration at compilation time.

Thanks for any hint,
best

Alex

--