[Interest] Support of ChromeOS

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue Jun 25 09:40:32 CEST 2024

> On 24 Jun 2024, at 14:21, A. Klitzing <aklitzing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>
> The list of supported platforms [1] shows that Qt does not officially
> supports ChromeOS. We tried our Qt application for Android on ChromeOS
> and found that it works good with some rough edges here and there.
>
> Is it planed to support ChromeOS someday or accept bug reports for
> Android applications on ChromeOS?
>
> Best regards André Klitzing
>
> [1] https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/supported-platforms.html

Hi André,

I’m not aware of any plans from the Qt Group to invest into building CI or software engineering capacity into supporting ChromeOS.

But if this is an important platform for your product, then you can of course contribute at least with the latter, and perhaps set up a test environment to verify those modules that are relevant for you. We run CI tests on Android through the emulator, and only release smoke-testing on device; so theoretically, the plumbing in the Qt build system should just work if your emulator has a ChromeOS image.

And you can of course file bug reports, but they might only get attention if the issue is reproducible on regular Android as well.

Cheers,
Volker