[Interest] Error when configuring Qt 6.X.Y to build from source on Windows with -openssl-linked

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Thu Jun 27 10:26:29 CEST 2024

Alexandru,

Thank you very much for your replies.

> The attached files are not CMakeCache.txt. I said to check the value of OpenSSL_DIR in CMakeCache.txt.
> CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log are most of the time useless for troubleshooting.
> They have been superseded by CMakeFiles/CMakeConfigureLog.yaml.
> But in this case i don't think looking into that file would help.

Attached you will find CMakeCache.txt. As you can see everything is being specified.

In the mean time I’m using a kit compiled in another machine while I don’t fix the build problem.

> The OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR var needs to be set as a cache variable. Either on the command line as a -D option e.g. -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=<path>, or via cmake-gui app, or in Qt Creator as a project cache variable.

That was the first thing I have tried, setting OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR to c:\Qt-Utils\openssl, and as you can see it is defined but it still fails.

What am I missing?

Thank you very much!

With my best regards,

Nuno