[Interest] Error when configuring Qt 6.X.Y to build from source on Windows with -openssl-linked

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Thu Jun 27 10:51:44 CEST 2024

Your CMakeCache.txt suggests that openssl was indeed not found.

I see you added --debug-find to the additional cmake options in your screenshot. Why have you not shared the output?
It should have added a lot of output for the various find_package / find_path / find_library calls.

Please modify Additional CMake options to contain: --debug-find --trace-redirect=trace.txt --trace-expand

Then click Reconfigure with Initial parameters, share the full cmake stdout output, as well as the contents of the trace.txt file in the build directory.

Also, one thing I would try is to specify the OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR path with forward slashes. So c:/Qt-Utils/openssl

And please share the directory layout of the c:/Qt-Utils/openssl directory.