[Interest] Error when configuring Qt 6.X.Y to build from source on Windows with -openssl-linked

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Thu Jun 27 11:09:18 CEST 2024

Alexandru,

> On 27 Jun 2024, at 09:51, Alexandru Croitor <alexandru.croitor at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Your CMakeCache.txt suggests that openssl was indeed not found.

Can you please tell me where exactly do you see this?

> I see you added --debug-find to the additional cmake options in your screenshot. Why have you not shared the output?
> It should have added a lot of output for the various find_package / find_path / find_library calls.
>
> Please modify Additional CMake options to contain: --debug-find --trace-redirect=trace.txt --trace-expand
>
> Then click Reconfigure with Initial parameters, share the full cmake stdout output, as well as the contents of the trace.txt file in the build directory.
>
> Also, one thing I would try is to specify the OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR path with forward slashes. So c:/Qt-Utils/openssl
>
> And please share the directory layout of the c:/Qt-Utils/openssl directory.

Regarding the project configuration I have learned that:

- deleting the build dir is more effective to reflect changes to cmake configuration
- Inside CMakeCache.txt OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR was set to UNINITIALIZED and I have manually set it to PATH
- Inside CMakeCache.txt I have defined OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR to c:\Qt-Utils\openssl\include

After this changes, the cmake ran successful and I was able to build and run the example with my custom kit.

This seems like little quirks but makes me feel that CMake and Qt is still black magic! :)

Any advice based on this feedback?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Nuno