[Interest] Undefined symbols when porting from Qt5 to Qt6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 24 00:01:42 CEST 2024

On Thursday 23 May 2024 18:14:01 GMT-3 Corentin Bacqué-cazenave via Interest
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port an application from Qt5 to Qt6.
>
> I get a lot of errors regarding undefined symbols reference like
> XUngrabKey, XFree, XStringToKeysym, XFlush...
>
> All symbols related to X11 seam to be missing.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

Hello Corentin

Where are those symbols being used? Is it from your application or is it from
some Qt code? If it's from your application, then you probably forgot to link
to the X11 library. Something in the buildsystem changed and your indirect
dependency is not there any more.

Qt5's GUI libraries, unlike Qt 4 and Qt 6, did not link to libX11. Qt 4 did
because it did not have the feature as a plugin; Qt 6 has to do it because of
OpenGL. But because of this, I wouldn't expect to see this problem at all:
libX11 is in use.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Fleet Engineering and Quality