[Qt-l10n] qt 4.7 and qt creator 2.0

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Thu May 20 19:04:04 CEST 2010

hello everyone,

i have late and ... messy news. :-/

qt creator is now finally string-frozen, with an rc being scheduled for
week 22 (that's not even two weeks in the worst case - gasp!).

the qt 4.7 release is delayed by a few weeks.
*however*, qt creator still requires qt 4.7, so our initial binaries
will be built against a pre-release version. do yourself a favor and
don't ask for details. ;)
the official qt string freeze is due in a few days, but not necessarily
soon enough before the creator rc. so you need to start working with a
still somewhat moving target. :-(

i had no news from the symbian device unit, so i suppose they have no
intention to deliver anything for the initial qt 4.7.0 release. grmpf.

have fun!