[Qt-l10n] Length variants in qt

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Thu Sep 16 19:46:16 CEST 2010

hi ivan,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 07:18:56PM +0200, Castane-Capel Ivan (Nokia-MS/London) wrote:
> We’ve seen that sometimes (or all, we just got some reports) the text
> attribute of widgets with more than one length variant contains all of
> the variants using the special char defined in the sources of linguist
> tools (“oe”) as separator.  I’m now trying to understand if that is
> the expected behavior and if so what should we change to keep our tool
> working.

that's because the support for length variants is not implemented
pervasively (that's also why we didn't document it - it's sort of an
experiment and we are not really satisfied with it). the new declarative
stuff was supposed to consistently embrace the concept, but i have no
idea what became of it.
if you need to go more into depth, mail olivier goffart off-list (and
keep me cc'd).

regards