[Qt-l10n] [Development] Using Transifex for handling Qt localization?

Dimitris Glezos glezos at transifex.com
Wed May 23 09:49:51 CEST 2012

Hi Gábor,

I'll try to answer some of the questions and propose possible
solutions or workarounds which might be useful.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Gábor Garami <gabor.garami at hron.me> wrote:
> I tried to do that and I got a less than 50% translated project from
> a fully translated one.

I can't imagine why this might be happening. Can you please open a
ticket with details on the resource you tried to upload to and attach
the files you used? The more specific you are, the easier we'll
identify if this is an issue and fix it.

  https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/

> My second problem is Transifex is an online
> tool. Even if I think cloud is cool, I do not think we need move everything
> to cloud. For example, I like translate Qt when I do not have internet
> connection too, and commit my changes to a Git repo. Transifex cannot work
> without an internet connection, and usage of transifex-client is more
> complicated than Git or SVN.

Can you be more specific on the above to understand what the exact
issues were? There are thousands of translators following this
workflow and translate offline, and the setup should be a couple of
commands (see my previous email).

Hope this helps!

-d

--