[Localization] Translate Qt in Bangla

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Jan 14 10:54:39 CET 2013

hi,

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 05:28:26AM +0600, Muhammad Minhazul Haque wrote:
> Now I realize that, I should translate Qt docs into Bangla (bn_BD)
> language. This will increase the use of Qt as well as people will find
> those amazing class description attractive.

now, there is a problem here ... our tooling unfortunately does not
support translating documentation. there have been one-off efforts to
translate some parts to russian and japanese, but these weren't
sustainable due to the tooling deficiencies. :-(
see also https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-12919 -
as you can see there, the maintainer does not consider himself competent
to design a workable system. discussions in that direction are welcome
here (or in the jira task itself, or even the development@ list).

>  I checked in here to get list of active development translations of Qt.
>
>  http://chaos.troll.no/~buddenha/qt-l10n/
>
>  But no bn or Bangla branch there.

just take the templates, rename them, and translate them as usual.
see also the bottom of "instructions for qt" in
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Localization .

regards