[Localization] Qt5.3 string freeze

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Tue May 6 14:05:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 01:36:54PM +0300, RÅ«dolfs Mazurs wrote:
> 2014.05.06. 05:03 +0000, Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> > And if you setup is OK just git push
> > ssh://codereview.qt-project.org/qt/qtbase HEAD:refs/for/release
>
> 2014.05.06. 11:02 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >"failed" is no useful problem report.
> I was so sure the "git push" command was obviously wrong, that any
> detailed error report wouldn't add anything useful.

well, it was - the repository was simply wrong. but spotting such
obvious mistakes is not always as easy as it seems, and seeing the error
messages often triggers helpful associations.

> I think this string should be added to localization wiki [0], because
> contribution guidelines [1] expect intimate knowledge of qt git setup,
> which is expected form developer, but can be confusing for translators.

that would just add even more redundancy, which makes maintaining a
consistent state even harder. i have a long-standing todo item to
de-duplicate some of the pages ...

the gerrit into recomments using the git-gpush command to avoid problems
of this type.