[Localization] New localization project for Scottish Gaelic

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Tue Apr 11 09:27:41 CEST 2017

Sgrìobh Oswald Buddenhagen na leanas 10/04/2017 aig 16:10:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 03:19:09PM +0200, Fòram na Gàidhlig wrote:
>> Where do I start? I'm an experienced localizer, so all I need is a
>> pointer to the file(s) to translate.
>>
> well, you found this list, so you presumably read the wiki already? if
> not, https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Localization
>
> the minimal entity worth translating would be qtbase.

Thanks for the info! I have found the file :)

Sgrìobh Balázs Meskó na leanas 10/04/2017 aig 16:05:
> Hi!
>
> You are right, these must be localized in upstream Qt.
> And that's where the good news end, localizing Qt is a massive PITA.
>
> You must checkout the Qt sources from their git repository, create a Qt
> account, upload SSH keys, make the translation in the target branch,
> then push it to their gerrit server.
>
> If you manage to do this, please tell us how did you do it, because I
> couldn't. We did the whole translation thing for Qt 5.6, but I did not
> manage to push it in two months.
>
> Sorry for the rant, but I think that this is ridiculous for such a large
> software project.

I agree with you. It should at least be possible to attach the
translation files to a bug so a developer/translations coordinator can
commit them. git is not for the uninitiated.

I'll be back at my Linux box next week and will have a look at the
signup process then, maybe I can commit your translations for you.