[Localization] How to merge translations?

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Thu Apr 13 15:19:03 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have finished my translation of qtbase 5.6 and now would like to do
the same for version 5.8, without having to click through a bazillion
entries. So, I'm looking for the Qt equivalent for msgmerge, which seems
to be lconvert.

I have downloaded the 5.8 release from the Qt homepage and installed it
on Linux Mint. No lconvert. Then I searched the software manager for
lconvert, which came up with an already installed Libv4lconvert0, which
is a video thing. No other search results. I also tried sudo apt-get
install lconvert, no joy.

Any pointers?