[Localization] Submitting translations

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Thu Apr 13 14:28:37 CEST 2017

Sgrìobh Balázs Meskó na leanas 10/04/2017 aig 16:05:
> Hi!
>
> You are right, these must be localized in upstream Qt.
> And that's where the good news end, localizing Qt is a massive PITA.
>
> You must checkout the Qt sources from their git repository, create a Qt
> account, upload SSH keys, make the translation in the target branch,
> then push it to their gerrit server.
>
> If you manage to do this, please tell us how did you do it, because I
> couldn't. We did the whole translation thing for Qt 5.6, but I did not
> manage to push it in two months.
>
> Sorry for the rant, but I think that this is ridiculous for such a large
> software project.
>
> Regards,
> Balázs

I started looking into submittiong translations, and the instructions
say "In case you really cannot find your way through git/Gerrit and
cannot find someone to help you, you may contribute via email after
accepting the CLA on Gerrit."

There are no instructions on how to accept the CLA without configuring
an ssh key though. The ssh instructions are for Linux only - if you're
on Windows, you could run a Linux virtual machine on VMWare for that.
It's a bit overkill though just for adding a translation - things would
be so much easier if we had a Pootle server or something like that.