[Localization] How to merge translations?

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Sat Apr 29 10:21:16 CEST 2017

Sgrìobh Oswald Buddenhagen na leanas 13/04/2017 aig 15:04:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 03:19:03PM +0200, Fòram na Gàidhlig wrote:
>> I have finished my translation of qtbase 5.6 and now would like to do
>> the same for version 5.8, without having to click through a bazillion
>> entries. So, I'm looking for the Qt equivalent for msgmerge, which seems
>> to be lconvert.
>>
> the easiest way is to have the translation integrated into the lower
> branch, and then just wait a few days for it being forward-merged. when
> that happens, you update the template in the higher branch (or get the
> one from the website) and continue from there. there should be no
> clicking required where nothing changed.

How long does the forward-merge usually take? It's been a week since my
translation is merged, and version 5.6 is showing up in the site nicely.
I would like to start working on 5.8 now, but the file isn't there yet.

I did some more RTFM and tried running lupdate in all the configurations
that I could possibly think of, but all I it finds is 0 translations, so
I can't do it myself.