[Localization] Qt Framework translations files in a .qrc file

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Tue May 9 19:35:45 CEST 2017

hello eric,

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 04:19:40PM +0000, Eric Barral wrote:
> Hello everyone,

you're kinda on the wrong list, as this one is about creating the
translations of qt itself - localization, not internationalization.
anyway ...

> [...] So I added those files in the .qrc, alongside the top level one,
> still using the qt_[locale].qm file to build a QTranslator object, but
> it didn't work.

interesting. must be some subtle problem - i can't think of fundamental
reasons why that wouldn't work. feel free to investigate it yourself.

> Is there a more convenient way to achieve such task?

i can't think of any.