[Localization] Updating translations by e-mail

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Thu Nov 2 13:31:28 CET 2017

On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 10:32:39AM +0000, Fòram na Gàidhlig wrote:
> It might work better if we had some step-by-step instructions especially
> for localizers on just 1 page without linking to the general
> documentation for programmers, so we won't need to collect the
> information from multiple sources.

i really don't see how that could help. the process *is* exactly the
same, so whatever is wrong with the documentation is wrong for everyone.
if you have *specific* suggestions what to improve, please let us know.

other than that i can only suggest a fundamental change of process: make
the whole thing based on transifex (or another online service). however,
last time i proposed this, the feedback was kinda inconclusive. and, of
course, somebody needs to actually do the work of integrating tx/etc.
with our git/gerrit repository, and i'm sad to report that the qt
company management doesn't see investment into devops infrastructure as
a priority.