[Localization] HEADS UP : Qt 5.10 string freeze

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Fri Oct 27 14:29:34 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 01:25:28PM +0200, scootergrisen wrote:
> Den 27-10-2017 kl. 13:22 skrev Jani Heikkinen:
> > As informed a week a go string freeze for Qt 5.10 is now in effect.
> > So please, no changes to translatable strings from this point,
> >

> How do i know how long i have to get new translations merged for it to
> get into 5.10 final release?

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.10_Release

jani, you should probably always include the relevant wiki link and a
copy of the tentative dates of the next milestones.

> > unless approved by the documentation team.

this should be re-forumlated so they actually know what it is about:
"unless the documentation team considers the UI change critical."
(they are basically a proxy for an actual UX team).

we also need an actual policy what to do about P1 bugs that require
string changes, because in this case "fix the P1" and "don't touch the
strings" are obviously incompatible.