[Localization] Updating the Qt4 Portuguese files to Qt5

Pedro Barros pcbuse1963 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:12:18 CET 2020

Hi All,

I need to get the Portuguese translation files for Qt5. I am using
PyQt5, with PyDev in Eclipse (Ubuntu 18.04, but will deploy on Windows
and Mac too).

Going through the list of files in http://l10n-files.qt.io/l10n-files/,
I only see files with "zero completion status", which I take as an
indication that these are Qt4 files.

I would like to convert them to Qt5, but following the warnings on the
site, I would like to know:

a) are these the right files, or not?

b) Is there a more or less complete instruction on the workflow to be
followed?

(Going through the perl script split-qt-ts.pl I see references to source
code folders which I assume are in the original Qt source, and that are
not included in the git repository for translations,
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qttranslations.git/)

Any tips, advice or suggestions on how to simplify this process will be
highly welcome.

Pedro