[Localization] Contributing to Qt's Simplified Chinese Translation

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Thu Jun 3 23:22:40 CEST 2021

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 09:27:25PM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>El dijous, 3 de juny de 2021, a les 11:58:03 (CEST), Oswald Buddenhagen va escriure:
>> >4) My short term goal is to get the Printing dialogue properly
>> >translated. Can you help me find where they are?
>> >
>> i prefer waiting until the translation is complete. ;)
>
>I honestly think that's an unreasonable request,

i'm not saying i will reject it, i'm saying i prefer completion. this
reduces churn if the translator is actually going to complete it.

> to some degree it would be like someone saying "here i fixed a bug"
> and then you saying "no, fix all the bugs and then we can merge them
> all together".

in practice, translations are committed as atoms - otherwise every
translation unit would have to get its own commit. given that this would
be completely insane, doing a single commit is the "next least
arbitrary" granularity.