[Localization] Dear Qt Team, I would like to contribute the translation of "Chinese (Taiwan)" to Qt/QtCreator.

Haowei Hsu hwhsu1231 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:37:57 CET 2023

Dear Qt Team,

According to this PR
<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/457588> of
QtCreator, I noticed that there is a link related to GitHub.

[image: image.png]

I was wondering that is there any possible to

   - create a fork from qt-creator in GitHub,
   - synchronize the repo from GitHub periodically,
   - do the changes in our own fork of qt-creator in GitHub,
   - and submit the PR to qt-creator/qt-creator · Gerrit Code Review
   (qt-project.org)
   <https://codereview.qt-project.org/admin/repos/qt-creator/qt-creator,general>

After reading this article <https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Localization> of Qt Wiki,
it seems that we *shouldn't* submit the PR to the repo of qt-creator in
GitHub.

Do *not* create Github pull requests or send emails with attachments - we
> cannot process these for legal reasons.

However, I also noticed that there are about *723* forks of qt-creator
<https://github.com/qt-creator/qt-creator> on GitHub currently.
What is the purpose of creating those forks if GitHub PR is not allowed?

Since GitHub is quite a convenient platform,
I was wondering whether it is possible to do the above stuff?

---
Haowei Hsu

Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de> 於 2023年2月10日 週五 下午8:02寫道: