[PySide] use text as a button / hyperlink?

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Fri Apr 13 03:27:15 CEST 2012

I think I found a way but am not quite sure if its' the best way. I
subclassed QLabel and (re)implemented the mousePressEvent.
While this seems to work I'm not quite sure how to properly use the
event argument required in the mousePressEvent. I just assigned a dummy
method for now while I'm trying to find the answer to this.
Could someone help clarify please?

class SortWidget( QLabel ):

     def __init__( self, parent=None ):
         super( SortWidget, self).__init__( parent )

     def myEvent( self ):
         pass

     def mousePressEvent( self, event ):
         print 'I was clicked'