[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 - "Free Hugs": Python for Qt released!

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:03:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

2012/4/24 Roger <dev at projekt01.ch>:
> Hi Roman
>
> Thanks a lot for this good news!
>
> I just like to know you that there is also an issue with the
> linux, mac and windows package releases on pypi.
>
> Some packages from one release use different package names
> or include the version number different for the different OS.
> This makes it impossible or at least very hard to get the
> pypi packages with buildout or any other package
> management concept.

Yes, this is known issue and in general very difficult to solve with
any python package that must be compiled to native code.
I have on my todo list the task to create proper setup package that
will compile everything from source on tagtet platform if binary
package is not available on pypi for that platform. For example
running eassy_install pyside on windows would install precompiled
windows packages, and when running same command on linux, downloads
"source" distribution and compiles everything from source.
Than it should be installable also with zc.buildout or pip, but it
takes longer to install because of long compilation time.

Regards
Roman