[PySide] PySide is Dead?

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Mon Dec 10 19:20:41 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 12:53 -0500, John Ehresman wrote:
> Qt defines some common classes (e.g. QObject) and some rules that
> govern
> when objects are deleted.  I'm sure that a large part of the work that
> went into PySide was to manage the lifetime and behavior of Python
> wrapper objects based on how Qt works.  This sort of code is Qt
> specific
> and not generic.

Can you give me an example of the problem here? I mean, is the issue
that the binding code needs to keep track of when (say) a QObject is
deleted (in which case does QObjectCleanupHandler not provide that
support) or is it that the bindings _should_ be deleting objects based
on some documented rules?

Cheers,

Henry