[PySide] Call for help: regression bugs to be fixed

Matti Airas matti.p.airas at nokia.com
Tue Feb 28 15:51:57 CET 2012

Hi list,

As discussed previously, we had to remove some contributions due to
missing contribution license agreements from PySide when migrating the
project to Qt infrastructure.

We now finally have a functional bugtracker at
bugreports.qt-project.org, and I have submitted bugs against the missing
features.

Most of the bugfixes are really trivial and will most likely result in
reimplementations identical to the original implementation. However, to
have some resemblance of a cleanroom implementation, it'd be best if the
fixes would be provided by people who did not participate in getting the
original fixes merged - that is, by people other than the original core
dev team (Paulo Alcantara will do fine, too ;-)).

Please find below a list of issues that need to be fixed:

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-2
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-3
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-4
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-5
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-6
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-7

So, if you are a developer with some interest or experience in Cmake and
C++, have a look at the bugs above and provide patches using Gerrit, the
Qt code review tool at http://codereview.qt-project.org/. The faster we
get the fixes, the faster we can resume work in the new, fancy setup! ;-)

Cheers,

ma.