[PySide] About the next PySide release

matti.p.airas at nokia.com matti.p.airas at nokia.com
Wed Feb 29 20:07:12 CET 2012

Hi,

In my opinion, the regressions need to be fixed before a release can be made. As I see it, though, it should take almost no time to fix the regression bugs if we just get volunteers, and once they're fixed, re-applying the commits from the github fork back to the main repo should be no issue whatsoever because I expect the changes after the  fixes to be minimal compared to the old repos.

If the release would be made from Github, the exact history would be lost once the commits are merged back to the main repo.

So, I would wait until we have received fixes for the regression bugs, then merge the Github changes back to Gerrit, and then make the release based on that codebase. This would also provide a nice incentive for getting the regression bugs fixed. :-)

Cheers,

ma.