[PySide] New Style Signal/Slot

Tim Doty thoromyr at mac.com
Tue Jul 17 14:25:35 CEST 2012

I started with PyQt and the old style slot/signal method. I'm wanting to "do things right" and this would apparently include new style slot/signals, but I can't get it to work. For example, a signal object does not have connect() method.

import PySide.QtCore
@PySide.QtCore.Slot()
def someSlot():
  pass
someSignal = PySide.QtCore.Signal()
someSignal.connect(someSlot)

results in:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'PySide.QtCore.Signal' object has no attribute 'connect'

Which would appear to be at odds with http://www.pyside.org/docs/pyside/PySide/QtCore/Signal.html

There is documentation for PyQt and signals/slots which I tried to follow, but I couldn't find the equivalent for PySide.

I'm assuming that I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see it.

Tim Doty