[PySide] VS2010 for PySide?

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Fri Jun 1 14:18:17 CEST 2012

On 6/1/2012 12:11 AM, Bosheng An wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Andy from Autodesk. Nice to meet you allJ
>
> May I know whether the current PySide is built with VS 2008?
>
> If it is, could you please tell me whether you have any plan of moving
> to VS 2010?

Python for windows stock distribution is built with VS 2008.  This means
that the safe bet is for all extensions to be also built with 2008.  In
my experience, this is encoded into many build scripts with varying
degrees of complexity (speaking generally for cython, matplotlib and a
few others).

My organization would be happy to see all of this switch to 2010 as
well.  However, I personally think it's a bit of a useless pursuit since
2008 vs. 2010 for a heavily python oriented project is a rather empty
distinction IMO.

Joel