[PySide] About the next PySide release

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:08:35 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Hugo Parente Lima
<hugo.lima at openbossa.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 05:20:18 anatoly techtonik wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> Are there any prospects on possible release date?
>
> We need to backport everything on github to the code on gerrit, when this
> finish we can finally release a new version.

1. [ ] find the last common ancestor
With HG I would do:
  hg clone git://gitorious.org/pyside/pyside.git
  cd pyside
  hg inc --template '{node}' -l 1 git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git

2. [ ] Make new clone and import revisions starting after the hash
from the step above into Mercurial Queue
  cd ..
  hg clone git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git pyside2
  cd pyside2
  hg qimport -r HASH:HEAD
  hg qpop -a
  cp -r .hg/patches ../pyside/.hg/
  cd ../pyside
  hg qpush -a
  hg qfinish -a

Unfortunately, after Matti flattened the repository history this won't
work anymore and we need to find this common revision manually. On the
second thought even if the history was there, the hashes would be
reindexed after history edition anyway, so we still have to inspect it
manually. In any case, I think that a bad move to kill the project
history.
--
anatoly t.