[PySide] About the next PySide release

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 18:24:29 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Hugo Parente Lima
> <hugo.lima at openbossa.org> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 05:20:18 anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> Are there any prospects on possible release date?
>>
>> We need to backport everything on github to the code on gerrit, when this
>> finish we can finally release a new version.
>
> 1. [ ] find the last common ancestor
> With HG I would do:
>  hg clone git://gitorious.org/pyside/pyside.git
>  cd pyside
>  hg inc --template '{node}' -l 1 git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git
>
> 2. [ ] Make new clone and import revisions starting after the hash
> from the step above into Mercurial Queue
>  cd ..
>  hg clone git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git pyside2
>  cd pyside2
>  hg qimport -r HASH:HEAD
>  hg qpop -a
>  cp -r .hg/patches ../pyside/.hg/
>  cd ../pyside
>  hg qpush -a
>  hg qfinish -a
>

> Unfortunately, after Matti flattened the repository history this won't
> work anymore and we need to find this common revision manually. On the
> second thought even if the history was there, the hashes would be
> reindexed after history edition anyway, so we still have to inspect it
> manually. In any case, I think that a bad move to kill the project
> history.

It appears that neither me, nor Matti knows how to properly strip
those offending revisions from the Git history. Rebasing doesn't work,
because subsequent merges screw up everything. So, unless somebody
possess required know how, I am afraid we will have to stick with the
way things currently are.
--
anatoly t.