[PySide] About the next PySide release

Matti Airas matti.p.airas at nokia.com
Fri Mar 9 13:40:30 CET 2012

On 08.03.2012 21:27, ext Hugo Parente Lima wrote:

> Ok, first step done!
>
> I rebased over 632 commits to remove the offending commit on Shiboken and
> pushed the changes to a personal branch on github.
>
> The offending commit was: c3059779d7628fdbb140ed02cdc0cc7ca80e7ad8
>
> Matti can you check if everything is ok? then I can re-apply the tags (because
> the hashes changed) and apply the fixes on gerrit on top of this branch and
> finally force-push it to gerrit with all history glory built-in! :-D
>
> The rebased tree without the offending commit can be found at branch "clafix"
> on https://github.com/hugopl/Shiboken
>
> I didn't the same on ApiExtractor because I can't figure out what was the
> offending commit hash.
>
> If everyone agree with this I can do the same on PySide and ApiExtractor too.

Wow, that was a heroic effort! Big kudos to you!

To me, both both Shiboken and PySide clafix branches look just fine - go
ahead with it!

The last problematic commit on Apiextractor is:
c2a35449016e3d5873f3e1657df51e2ff854cd2e

And yes, GeneratorRunner is good as-is.

Since the submitted changes in Gerrit are commits in a special ref, just
make sure that when force-pushing the history back to Gerrit, those
commits are not lost (I'm not sure how git works wrt force-pushing...).

BTW, how did you actually do the removal? Did you just branch the repos
before the offending commits and then merge all commits except the
offending ones?

Cheers,

ma.