[PySide] About the next PySide release

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.lima at openbossa.org
Thu Mar 8 20:27:01 CET 2012

On Thursday 08 March 2012 14:24:29 anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Hugo Parente Lima
> >
> > <hugo.lima at openbossa.org> wrote:

> >> We need to backport everything on github to the code on gerrit, when
> >> this finish we can finally release a new version.
> >
> > 1. [ ] find the last common ancestor
> > With HG I would do:
> >  hg clone git://gitorious.org/pyside/pyside.git
> >  cd pyside
> >  hg inc --template '{node}' -l 1 git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git
> >
> > 2. [ ] Make new clone and import revisions starting after the hash
> > from the step above into Mercurial Queue
> >  cd ..
> >  hg clone git://github.com/PySide/PySide.git pyside2
> >  cd pyside2
> >  hg qimport -r HASH:HEAD
> >  hg qpop -a
> >  cp -r .hg/patches ../pyside/.hg/
> >  cd ../pyside
> >  hg qpush -a
> >  hg qfinish -a
> >

> > Unfortunately, after Matti flattened the repository history this won't
> > work anymore and we need to find this common revision manually. On the
> > second thought even if the history was there, the hashes would be
> > reindexed after history edition anyway, so we still have to inspect it
> > manually. In any case, I think that a bad move to kill the project
> > history.
>
> It appears that neither me, nor Matti knows how to properly strip
> those offending revisions from the Git history. Rebasing doesn't work,
> because subsequent merges screw up everything. So, unless somebody
> possess required know how, I am afraid we will have to stick with the
> way things currently are.
> --
> anatoly t.

Ok, first step done!

I rebased over 632 commits to remove the offending commit on Shiboken and
pushed the changes to a personal branch on github.

The offending commit was: c3059779d7628fdbb140ed02cdc0cc7ca80e7ad8

Matti can you check if everything is ok? then I can re-apply the tags (because
the hashes changed) and apply the fixes on gerrit on top of this branch and
finally force-push it to gerrit with all history glory built-in! :-D

The rebased tree without the offending commit can be found at branch "clafix"
on https://github.com/hugopl/Shiboken

I didn't the same on ApiExtractor because I can't figure out what was the
offending commit hash.

If everyone agree with this I can do the same on PySide and ApiExtractor too.

--
Hugo Parente Lima
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia