[PySide] Open Gerrit to public (Was: Call for help: regression bugs to be fixed)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:51:22 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM, John Veness
> <john.veness.pyside at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
>> This Gerrit-requiring-login issue is a Qt-wide problem, not specific to
>> PySide. I notice that there is already a bugtracker issue raised against
>> it - https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-357 . It might
>> be more productive to discuss this on one of the Qt mailing lists (see
>> http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo).
>
> Thanks for the heads up. It is nice to see I am not alone to take it
> seriously. There is a hint that Jira is the reason, but no technical
> explanation. It is very unusual that open process of open source
> project with open government is locked be the dependency from
> proprietary product. At least that's my impression.
>
> I'll write to GEG list. It is not too active, so let's hope there are
> people who can help.

I can't see if I wrote about it, but the issue about opening Gerrit to
public has been given Critical priority. ;)
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-357

If the time permits, I am going to do some research about using
repose.who as an authentication server for Gerrit, so if anybody has
experience or interested to help  - feel free to join
http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/geg
--
anatoly t.