[PySide] BuildScripts and archived repositories on GitHub

Matti Airas matti.p.airas at nokia.com
Wed Mar 21 11:18:38 CET 2012

On 21.03.2012 11:38, ext Thomas Perl wrote:
> Yes, I'd also like to have the old repositories available somehow. I
> have a checkout from some weeks ago, so if nothing else comes up, I
> could upload that somewhere (maybe something like
> github.com/pyside-old-repositories-2012-03/[...] to make it clear that
> these are the repositories that are considered "old" as of 2012-03).
>
> It would be great if someone from the PySide Core Team could upload
> these repos, though, because I'm not sure I have the latest revisions
> from all the old repositories (or just tell me the revision numbers
> and I'll check if I have the latest).

I don't really see any reason to delete the apiextractor and
generatorrunner repositories from Gerrit. In my opinion, they can well
reside there, and together with the Gitorious mirrors provide all the
archiving functionality you need. It's not really constructive to keep
muddling the project layout with unofficial GitHub repos because new
commits have to land in Gerrit to fulfill the contribution agreement
requirements. Hence, I'd also prefer if the build scripts would point to
the official repos - but that's of course up to you.

Cheers,

ma.