[PySide] [Soc2012-general] Working with PySide for GSOC

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.lima at openbossa.org
Mon Mar 26 20:58:55 CEST 2012

On Saturday 24 March 2012 16:55:38 Julian Cromarty wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I would very much like to work with the Python Software Foundation for the
> Google Summer of Code especially the PySide group (which is why I'm posting
> to the pyside mailing list as well). I'm a huge fan of both Python and Qt,
> though I admit I'm not perfect with the more advanced features of Python,
> and as such am very keen to work on combining two of my favourite tools.
>
> Looking through the ideas page for PySide, I would be more than willing to
> work on getting the Qt5 bindings done or just fixing loads of bugs (or in
> fact any of the things listed), but the one that particularly interested me
> is the idea of porting PySide to Android. I know Qt has already been ported
> to Android thanks to the Necessitas project (which also has Qt integration
> and so the QtCreator/PySide support might be useful to get done first) and
> I'm currently looking into what may be required to compile PySide for
> Android. The page linked to from the Ideas page is empty.

The Android port was done, but I don't know the current state, Qt5 port is a
good choice, you can start doing bindings for qtbase module, it's small and
will be useful to you to get a idea of the amount of work needed to accomplish
the task, you can go to #pyside and ask for help if needed.

--
Hugo Parente Lima
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia