[PySide] building PySide 1.1.1 against Qt 4.8.1 on windows a kind of solution

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Wed May 2 15:23:35 CEST 2012

On 5/2/2012 3:19 AM, Bjørn Helge Kjøsnes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after some more digging I am able to compile and run PySide 1.1.1
> against Qt 4.8.1.
>
> It is a ugly solution that can not be committed to the repos, but for if
> there are any in need for a version, you can replace a few lines of code
> in shiboken-1.1.1\generator\shiboken\cppgenerator.cpp file.
>
> Locate line 287 and replace:
> &&  (func->name() != "qt_metacall"))
>    overloads.append(func);
>
> with:
> &&  (func->name() != "qt_metacall")){
>     if (func->toString().contains("open")) {
>       if (func->isVirtual())
>         overloads.append(func);
>     }
>     else
>       overloads.append(func);
> }

Bjørn,

Thanks, I confirm that this replacement works for me as well (not that
that makes it any more legitimate as you point out).  Unfortunately, all
I can do is confirm what you've done.  I have no more inspiration about
what is going on behind the scenes here.  Note that I've reported this
bug in the in new tracker at
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-63

Joel