[PySide] re-implementing setDown() for custom button

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu May 3 10:37:45 CEST 2012

Here is some example code that I ripped out of my main code:
http://pastebin.com/jXZXXebW

It compares a sub classed QPushButton with one I painted from scratch.

I was actually able to solve some of the problems in the process (and
for some reason the QObject.sender() works as well now) , but the one
thing that still doesn't work with the new button is when I try to set a
drag action like this:
drag.start( Qt.CopyAction )

The drag action for the "new button" is in line 192 which doesn't seem
to have any effect when dragging the button, while the one for the "old
button" in line 27 works as expected and turns the mouse cursor into a
little plus sign when dragging.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
frank