[PySide] IPython Mac 10.7 QApplication instance already exists

Jason Augustyn js.augustyn at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:21:14 CEST 2012

Hi all, I am new to using PySide and have been working through the novice
tutorials, which are great. One problem - I cannot re-run a script without
exiting the Python shell altogether. Re-running gives the RuntimeError: A
QApplication instance already exists.

I have searched for a solution and found an old bug tracker ticket from
someone with a similar problem. The suggested solution was to upgrade to
PySide 1.0.4 and the ticket was marked as invalid. Obviously that doesn;t
work, as I'm running the newest version of PySide and still have the
problem. Any suggestions? I am using IPython on a Mac OSX 10.7.

Thanks!

Jason