[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 Windows builds

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:07:08 CEST 2012

Hi Anatoly and list,

2012/5/28 anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Roman Lacko <backup.rlacko at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> How about the PyPI, where they are supposed be uploaded to?
>>
>> It will be uploaded when the PySide site move to new location is completed
>
> What's the progress with move? We can already move it to GitHub pages.

GitHub will not work with easy_install, because GitHub downloads page
uses https and easy_install does not work very well with https.
Another problem is that PySide project is using free edition of GitHub
and there is a size limit  (200 Mb or so). One windows package has cca
40 Mb and there are 6 packages (for py 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 - 32 and 64 bit),
this is cca 240 Mb for each release.

I will try to contact Qt project administrators if we can't upload
binaries to Qt Project site.

>> BTW, I'm developing new version of PySide setup script fully
>> compatible with distutils, that will be usable also on linux (binaries
>> will be built inplace), the development can be tracked here:
>> https://github.com/lck/pyside-dist
>
> How does it relate to existing BuildScripts?
If completed, it should replace the existing build scripts and will
enable to install PySide with pip.

Regards
Roman