[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 Windows builds

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:05:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

2012/5/31 anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Alex Grönholm <alex.gronholm at nextday.fi> wrote:
>>
>> Please tell me -- what is the problem with uploading them to PyPI
>> itself?? It seems to me that hasn't even been considered here!
>
> In addition PyPI hosts a public download counter. Still I wonder how
> pythonpackages managed to count downloads -
> http://pythonpackages.com/package/pyside?tab=downloaded

PySide is registerd on PyPI with customized download url, packages are
not downloaded directly from PyPI server but from that customized url
[1].
That is way You dont see any files on PyPI directly.
Setuptools/PIP handles this download urls transparently for You when
installing via [easy_install PySide].

If You have problems installing PySide on Windows via easy_install
just let me know.

Regards
Roman

[1] http://releases.qt-project.org/pyside/1.1.1/