[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 Windows builds

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Thu May 31 19:19:30 CEST 2012

31.05.2012 16:05, Roman Lacko kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/5/31 anatoly techtonik<techtonik at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Alex Grönholm<alex.gronholm at nextday.fi>  wrote:
>>> Please tell me -- what is the problem with uploading them to PyPI
>>> itself?? It seems to me that hasn't even been considered here!
>> In addition PyPI hosts a public download counter. Still I wonder how
>> pythonpackages managed to count downloads -
>> http://pythonpackages.com/package/pyside?tab=downloaded
> PySide is registerd on PyPI with customized download url, packages are
> not downloaded directly from PyPI server but from that customized url
> [1].
I know how it works. In my opinion, PyPI should hide any packages that
don't offer direct downloads from PyPI itself.
Why is this even being discussed instead of just uploading said packages
to PyPI? It should be a standard part of the release procedure.
PyPI has a fair number of mirrors you can use if the primary one is
down. However, if an external website goes down and no files are hosted
in PyPI, you're SOL.