[PySide] QObject.destroyed() is not emitted

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.lima at openbossa.org
Fri Nov 30 18:33:41 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:38:30 PM Stephan Deibel wrote:
> Hugo Parente Lima wrote:
> > Nowadays no one is paid to work on PySide, I'm the current maintainer of
> > PySide but I'm no longer fixing bugs or coding anything, I just review
> > patches and do releases when we have a significant amount of changes.
> >
> > I would like to step down as PySide maintainer as soon somebody raise the
> > hand to be the new maintainer, but nobody seems to want this :-/.
>
> I suspect there are not many people out there that understand PySide
> internals well enough yet to feel confident about reviewing patches.
>
> :-(    But hopefully this will change over time.
>
> If you have any time to comment briefly on things like
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/pyside/2012-November/000805.html
> and
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/pyside/2012-November/000822.html
> it might help clear up what I'm currently seeing as the worst remaining
> bug (or class of bug).

I didn't answer those question because they need some investigations to check
what's really happening and I don't have time or the will to do that at the
moment :-/

This problem may be fixed just on typesystem, or maybe not, as I said, it needs
further investigation, I don't have the answer right now.