[PySide] QObject.destroyed() is not emitted

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Fri Nov 30 04:38:30 CET 2012

Hugo Parente Lima wrote:
> Nowadays no one is paid to work on PySide, I'm the current maintainer of
> PySide but I'm no longer fixing bugs or coding anything, I just review patches
> and do releases when we have a significant amount of changes.
>
> I would like to step down as PySide maintainer as soon somebody raise the hand
> to be the new maintainer, but nobody seems to want this :-/.

I suspect there are not many people out there that understand PySide
internals well enough yet to feel confident about reviewing patches.
:-(    But hopefully this will change over time.

If you have any time to comment briefly on things like
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/pyside/2012-November/000805.html
and
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/pyside/2012-November/000822.html
it might help clear up what I'm currently seeing as the worst remaining
bug (or class of bug).

Anyway, thanks for all your work on PySide!

- Stephan