[PySide] Unable build PySide from Source on Linux

Tejashri Kandolkar tejashri.kandolkar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:09:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build Pyside on Linux RHEL 64-bit machine.
I followed the steps mentioned @
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_PySide_on_Linux, but i face build
issues.

I got the source code for the same from
http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySideDownloads
and I only find PySide and Shiboken tar files (ApiExtractor and
generatorrunner directories are inside the Shiboken dir)

Just want to make sure if thats the correct way to build PySide from source?

I get the following error when I run cmake inside the PySide/build dir.
.........]$ cmake ..
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindGeneratorRunner.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "GeneratorRunner", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "GeneratorRunner"
  (requested version 0.6.16) with any of the following names:

    GeneratorRunnerConfig.cmake
    generatorrunner-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "GeneratorRunner" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "GeneratorRunner_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
files.
  If "GeneratorRunner" provides a separate development package or SDK, be
  sure it has been installed.

Can anyone help on the proper build steps for building Pyside from Source?

Regards,
Tej