[PySide] What is required for a minimal installation of the runtime components?

bb6xt at yahoo.com bb6xt at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 15:26:36 CEST 2012

I am assuming you can run the application on your dev machine (ie python main.py). If that is the case it means you have all the dependencies on that machine. Download pyinstaller (pls just google it as I don't remember the link now). Extract to any directory of your choice. Cd into the directory containing your source code and run $python path\to\pyinstaller\Configure.py
$python path\to\pyinstaller\Makespec.py main_script_for_your_app.py -n appname
$python path\to\pyinstaller\Build.py appname.spec
this will create appname.exe which is a standalone exe that can run on any pc without python or pyside or qt. Pyinstaller will bundle **ALL** dependencies and hence nothing else is required. You may use NSis or some other tool to create a simple installer If you like.