[PySide] Can PySide run with Qt DLLs in another location other than Lib\site-packages\PySide\

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:56:35 CEST 2012

Hi,
yes you can have qt on different location.
Here is simple howto:

1. install PySide

2. move following Qt files and directories from PySide to new
location, for example to C:\QtDist:

Qt dirs:
plugins
scripts
translations
typesystems
examples
imports
include

Qt files:
designer.exe
lconvert.exe
libeay32.dll
linguist.exe
lrelease.exe
lupdate.exe
phonon4.dll
Qt3Support4.dll
QtCLucene4.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtDeclarative4.dll
QtDesigner4.dll
QtDesignerComponents4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtHelp4.dll
QtMultimedia4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll
QtOpenGL4.dll
QtScript4.dll
QtScriptTools4.dll
QtSql4.dll
QtSvg4.dll
QtTest4.dll
QtWebKit4.dll
QtXml4.dll
QtXmlPatterns4.dll
ssleay32.dll

3. edit qt.conf file, change this:
  C:/Python27/Lib/site-packages/
to this:
  C:/
so it looks like:
  [Paths]
  Prefix = C:/QtDist
  Binaries = C:/QtDist
  Plugins = C:/QtDist/plugins
  Translations = C:/QtDist/translations

4. add C:\QtDist to PATH environment variable

5. start coding :)

Regards
R.