[PySide] issues building PySide on RHEL 6.4

Terrence Brannon metaperl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:46:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

I attempted to install PySide on a RHEL 6.3 system.

I built a virtual environment containing Python 2.7. The system Qt
libraries were only 4.6.2.

When I activate my virtual environment and type `pip install PySide` I
get the error:

  CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but
  they are set to NOTFOUND. Please set them or make sure they are set
  and tested correctly in the CMake files: QT_PHONON_INCLUDE_DIR
  (ADVANCED)  used as include directory in directory
  /home/tbrannon/prg/webbot/build/PySide/sources/pyside/PySide/phonon

The entire build log is here:
http://static.livingcosmos.org/scpaste/pip.log

As an aside, I'd like to mention that I got no headway in bringing up
this issue in this thread:
https://github.com/PySide/BuildScripts/issues/6