[PySide] PySide Digest, Vol 15, Issue 31

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 15:24:16 CEST 2013

> Hello Matthew!
>
> I never used the colibri qml components. But I can tell you, that
> QtCreator is an IDE for C++, Javascript, qml, etc. development. I never
> used it for PySide development. QtCreator does not come with PySide, but
> it's simple to install (you'll find it with google...), but I think you
> don't need it at all.
> "Qt4.7 or higher" comes with PySide, so this is no problem.
>
> You can find a tutorial about colibri and PySide here:
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Utilizing-Qt-Quick-Colibri-in-PySide
>
> You may also be interested in another set of qml components (I think, it
> also has very nice components): qt-components, you can get it here:
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components
>
> I hope, this helps, to get you started!
> Aaron

Thanks Aaron. following that pyside/colibri tutorial you gave me,
trying to run the file i get an import error:

colibri.qml:2:1: "colibri": no such directory
     import "colibri"

i went to their site and i cant seem to find any downloads to install
this package. i was at their installation page also:

https://projects.forum.nokia.com/colibri/wiki/InstallationAndUsage
https://projects.forum.nokia.com/colibri/wiki

but their is no link to download? is there an easier way to install
this project? ive been stuck at this point for some time now and i
would really like to try it out.

Im not good at understanding git, can u please tell me about the 2nd
link you showed me:

http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components

are these like ongoing projects normal users are contributing to?

Thanks for all your help:)