[PySide] RuntimeError: Failed to connect signal xxxx

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Thu Feb 21 15:11:23 CET 2013

Does anyone recognize and know a solution for the "Failed to connect
signal" traceback here?  I get this runtime error occasionally.

Invalid Signal signature: toggled(bool)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   .... stuff ...
RuntimeError: Failed to connect signal toggled(bool).

I don't have any case that is small enough or public enough to post here
in any detail, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who recognizes this on
sight as the dreaded erratic failure-to-connect bug.  I have two
different apps which exhibit the issue (different signals).  The
question at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8881048/getting-erratic-invalid-signal-signature-errors-in-pyside-qwebpage
seems to me to be just as bizarre and surely related to my own conundrums.

Despite all my reluctance to post code, I do have to admit that it is
clear to me that certain signals have it happen and some never do.  That
is, I have never seen this error occur for the vast majority of signals
I connect, but there are just a few that it happens on maybe 1 in 20 times.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Joel